Thursday, March 10, 2011

Smooth Sailing---Not!

This week I'm on vacation from the day job (will that be paper or plastic? What? you want me to put your food in these smelly dog hair covered cloth bags? They are washable you know!) Sorry, went off on a little tangent there. Anyway, the plan was to sit around the kitchen in my jammies, drinking lots of cofee and spending hour after hour blissfully lost in my imaginary world. I should know by now that you can't plan for great writing days. They happen. Or they don't. I haven't been able to keep my butt on this stool for more than fifteen minutes at a time all week. (Unless I was checking out the blogs and websites of other rcrw members, which has been very fun.) I actually thought about cleaning my house, but thankfully I came to my senses before I started down that long tedious road. (Sorry, Honey, I know you work hard all day while I sit on my butt but if it helps any this stool is hard and my butt hurts.) As for my project of the moment, tentative title, Chastity's Prince Charming, every sentence has been a chore. Some have been downright painful. I've been very tempted to work on one of my other projects, but giving up when things get rough has been the story of my writing life. I have more 'novels in progress' than Nora Roberts has finished ones. So I've been sticking it out. Sit. Write a sentence. Get more coffee. Check E-mail. Write another sentence. Eat. Think about exercising. Eat again. And then it happened. I experienced the deliriously wonderful break through that I've been waiting for all week.  I know what's going to happen next! I'm so excited I can't wait to work on it! Just as soon as I finish this blog. And go for a walk. And eat.

1 comment:

  1. You go, girl! I'm SO jealous! Someone needs to strap me into this chair and deny me food, drink or anything else until I write something. I have no excuse...just lazy and way too tuned into my inner editor who keeps trying to convince me that I can't write worth crap and should just give it up. But I'm very proud of you, my friend. You're going to have a long, successful career in this writing business.

    ReplyDelete