Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Author page!

I just checked in with Red Sage and saw that my author page is up! Got butterflies in my stomach when I saw it. It's really me! Or rather it's that other me, the one who writes really sexy romance and is of course slim and pretty and all those other things I've always imagined a romance writer should be. The me that is sitting on the sofa in sweat pants and a snuggie watching How much is my car worth? (until my husband changes the channel anyway) is not nearly as much fun as Jean. I think it's this other me that is struggling with my next novella, the time travel story. She keeps trying to write a serious, sad, single title romance, (with a happy ending of course) and is resisting being Jean. It's not easy being two different writers. I can't begin to imagine how Stephen King (aka Richard Bachman) or Nora Roberts (J.D. Robb) manage to keep all their selves straight. Of course, I can't imagine finishing a novel every week and a half as Nora Roberts seems to do. Does that woman ever sleep? I've tried to forgo sleep for writing, but not even the magic of coffee can compensate for the lack of dream time. Could it be the lack of awake dreaming that's causing the trouble with Chastity and her prince? I've been trying so hard to 'write' the story that I'm no longer 'dreaming' it. Writing is hard. Daydreaming on paper is much easier, and more fun. I'm going to work on Chastity's story first thing tomorrow morning. First thing being after nine hours of sleep and two cups of coffee of course. Wish me luck.  

1 comment:

  1. Of course! Lately I have been stuck writing papers for college courses and my ability to write fantasy after that is just squashed. It's my fond wish for you to succeed, and I look forward to reading more from you!

    A.M.L.

    ReplyDelete