Friday, May 20, 2011

what I'm reading

For mother's day my son bought me "The Year of Living Biblically." It's a humorous, but well researched book about following all the rules in the bible. I personally gave up on the bible after reading the whole thing about stoning your bride on her father's doorstep if you discover that she is not a virgin on your wedding day. I have some issues with the whole 'abomination' thing too. Just read a line that I feel the need to share. Is it plagairizing if I site my source? I hope not. Here it is. "A friend of mine once said that we shouldn't underestimate peoples ability to hold totally contradictory opinions and be just fine with it. It's a uniquely human trait like speech and blushing."
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one guilty of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment