Monday, May 23, 2011

Sigh...

I guess it's time to face reality and lay the 'quit the day job' dream to rest. For now I'm stuck with ringing up groceries. I've tried to come up with better job options, but keep coming across the same problem: they all involve work. Who came up with this system anyway? Why can't we creative types get paid to daydream? That's the only thing my brain is really good at, anyway. My body is failimg miserably. Or at least my hands are. I have tendinitis so bad I have to do most of my writing with my left hand. I'll probably end up having surgery. At least I'll get a few weeks off from work. Got to look at the bright side, I guess.
Read over my Demon story today. It's better than I remembered. I'm thinking I might actually finish it, but I can't guarantee anything. Another reality I've finally faced involves goal setting. It doesn't work for me. I'm too much of a rebel. As soon as the adult me puts a goal into words the child me screams, I'm not going to do it and you can't make me! I suppose I could try putting the child me in time out for awhile, maybe just long enough to finish another novella. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment